This exclusive BIS forum will showcase analytical insights into how industry leaders are optimizing their performance by understanding the latest developments in plant optimization, successfully upgrading, using right strategies to hit targets and being fully aware of the latest regulations issues. With a two day intimate forum followed by half a day workshop, joining together key industry professionals to discuss, brainstorm, share experience and partake in exclusive networking sessions in an flexible and dynamic platform – together shaping the future of the market.
Rising electricity prices and the increasing pressure to hit the EU's renewable targets by 2020 has made hydropower a very attractive source of energy production. However difficulties in obtaining a license for hydropower projects, uncertainty surrounding the legislative framework, significant initial investment and a long-payback period means hydropower has not been utilized to its full potential.
This forum will provide a clear picture of the legislative framework and help identify the current role of hydropower in Europe. The forum will provide solutions and strategies on how to best build alliances among hydro professionals and water resource stakeholders.
The conference will help ascertain new system of integration, efficiency and flexibility, prospective of Small hydropower Development, improvement of Pumped Storage Plants (PSP), new techniques and technology, environmental issues, legislation and hydropower balancing.
Building up on success and experience of past Hydropower Generation conferences, this 4th Annual BIS GROUP event will help to address participants' doubts about the pump storage potential and the future of hydropower including environmental and market design.
Key Learning Benefits:
- Gain insight into the recent development in European water framework directive and it consequence for hydropower
- Evaluate the benefits of PSPPs as the only available and viable tool for managing the effects on the grids of other renewable sources
- Assessing some technical solutions / components which can increase the flexibility of PSPs
- Understand the implications of climate change on the planning, construction and O&M of hydropower plants
- Gain insight into innovations in design, risk analysis and project management tools which are being introduced to hydro
- Establish the technical challenges that need to be overcome to achieve successfully upgrade existing plants and maximize profit through pump hydro
- Discussing the possibilities for PSPs to be combined with energy storage application as a sustainable energy solution
- Boost your knowledge about new funding and incentive options that are viable for hydro
- Understand the best methods and strategies to maximize the benefits of existing power plants
- Identify innovative ways to increase reliability & maintenance of equipment
- Gain insight into recent trend in equipment & technology development
- Highlight the role of PSPs in giving actual and effective support to the grids
- Meet other stakeholders and share success stories of legislations conducive to PSPs & programs that promote PSP
Speaker´s Committee and Topics:
Please download full PDF agenda with a complete program and list of confirmed speakers.